I always try to get birthday posts up on the actual day or the day after, but that just didn't happen this time. Sorry Danielle that this is so late. But I think she had a great birthday about 3 weeks ago. She turned 18!!!! Her birthday was on a Sunday so we opened presents before church. Avery spent a lot of time preparing Danielle's gift. She hid money in 3 different big boxes. She spray painted the boxes and weighted them with reams of paper so Danielle wouldn't know what was inside. She also hid nickels and dimes in various containers inside the boxes. The money totaled $40! She contributed $20 and she got Jr. to contribute $20 as well. Avery loves her big sister, even though they fight often. She is really going to miss her when she goes away to college.
Her other gifts were her new favorite movie: Moulin Rouge (my fault), a shirt that will come in very handy while she is at college (it says "Not Today Satan"), and a grown up necklace with a pearl.
The kids then enjoyed playing in the boxes.
That night we went up to Anthon's parent's house for dinner. We celebrated both Danielle's birthday and his sister Jessica's birthday because they are on the same day. Danielle got to bring her best friend Sami with her and since we only have enough space in our car for only our family, they got to drive up separately, which they loved.
I'm so excited for her to be 18 and going off to college! I know she's going to do great and learn so much!
This week we celebrated Anthon's birthday. His was on a Sunday as well so I did some stuff with him on Saturday. In the morning we went to the temple. For my birthday he gave me a gift card to go to Float Spa. You lay in a pod that is full of salt water so you can float effortlessly. It's supposed to be really relaxing. So for his birthday I scheduled for us to do it. It was cool I guess, but not something we'd do again. For dinner we all went out to dinner to Sizzler with my parents. And that night Anthon and I went to Hale Center Theater to see the play "Daddy Long Legs." It was a cute play.
On Sundays Anthon has lots of meetings in the morning so we celebrated his birthday after church. We only have a couple hours after church ends before the older kids get picked up so it was a little rushed, but I think he still enjoyed it. We made steak and potatoes and homemade rolls for dinner and peach cobbler with peaches from our tree for his birthday cake. He got some new white shirts because all his white shirts are a little too big in the neck ever since he lost weight. He also got a Bluetooth speaker. And another year older.









No comments:
Post a Comment