First big thing that Danielle, Avery and I did in June was Young Women's Camp. I've been going every year for the past 3 years and also got to go a few times about 10 years ago when I was on the Stake Camp Committee. I love going, especially since the young women in our ward are so awesome.
Our ward has always gone to Camp Mia Shalom. It is up in the mountains, has no cell service, no electricity, very basic cabins, and strict rules. I went to this camp as well when I was a young woman. (I did go to a different camp for my first 2 years of young women's when I lived in Minnesota.) This is the only camp that our young women have ever known or gone to. (Except for Danielle. She has been to a bunch of different young women camps.) This year the powers that be decided that each ward would have a camp with just their ward instead of with the whole stake, which meant that we had to find a different place to camp. Someone in our ward has some family that owns a house west of Cedar City that is great for large groups of people and said that we could use it for camp. She moved out of our ward before camp started, but said we could still use it. So we had a very different camp than we were used to.
We stayed in a house, had electricity, got to swim in a pond, went to the temple, hung out indoors, and just had an overall low-key camp. It was a lot of fun! Some of the girls were bummed before camp that we weren't going to Shalom, but by the end of the week, everyone was loving the new camp structure.
![]() |
| My friend who's relative's house it was also came with her family. |
I didn't take very many pictures, but we all had a great time and now the young women are looking forward to having ward camp every-other year.





No comments:
Post a Comment