I'm behind on my posts for summer activities (of course) so here's one from June:
Anthon's family has a reunion every year. They usually go camping somewhere for 2 nights and the whole family gets together for it. This year Anthon was too busy with work to be able to go to most of it so instead of getting there when it started on Wednesday, I drove up Little Cottonwood Canyon with the kids Thursday around 3pm. We set up our tent, played some games with the family and started eating dinner.
Anthon's sister Jessica was in charge this year and she always plans fun stuff and is really crafty. She organized a life-size Candy Land game. She put colored pieces of paper on the ground to make a path. All the cousins got a partner (a kid that could read with a kid that couldn't read) and one-by-one everyone walked along the path. On each piece of paper that was a question and the partners had to ask each other the question and find out the answer so they could get to know each other better. They were questions like, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and "What is your favorite scripture story?" I had Sophie as my partner and it was really fun to ask her the questions and hear what her answers were. Some of her answers surprised me and were not what I expected. Of course I don't remember any of them now because I took too long to write about this, but it was a fun game. There were also Candy Land characters along the way. Jessica asked some members of the family to dress up like the actual Candy Land characters from the game. When the kids got to them, they got some candy. It was a lot of fun!
Anthon got there around 7pm. We hung out and did a talent show. Anthon's family does a talent show every year. It's mostly the kids that do things and they have a lot of fun.
Anthon was able to spend the night, but got up at 5am and left before anyone else was awake. The rest of us got up, ate breakfast, had a family meeting and then went on a little hike to a waterfall.
I had to carry Sophie on my back for the hike, but luckily it was short so we made it. It was a fun reunion!









1 comment:
Jessica is so creative, how fun! Maybe she can come plan a family reunion for us and then we would actually have one. Anthon had to work? That's so odd and so unlike him.
Post a Comment