Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Birthday Season 2017

Birthday season has started so it's going to be a busy few months for me! First we celebrated Danielle's 17th birthday on August 5th. Danielle always has a clear vision of what she wants on her birthday each year, which is easier for me because then I don't have to try and figure out what she would like, I just have to help execute her plans.


That was going to be the last Saturday we would have the older kids for the rest of the summer so we started out the morning with family pictures. (I asked Danielle in advance if she was ok with doing this on her birthday and she said it was ok.) Pictures went pretty well...as well as they can with 6 children. I will post on those later. After pictures Anthon and the 2 oldest kids went home while the 4 younger kids and I went to my sister Sarah's house for baby Juney's 1st birthday party. (Danielle said she didn't want to go to someone else's birthday party on her birthday.) We had fun. The kids loved playing with their cousins.

After we got home, I brought Danielle and Avery to get pedicures. When I asked Danielle what she wanted for her birthday, she told me she wanted to do something where we could spend time together. Last year I brought her on a little shopping spree to the mall so this year I thought it would be fun to gets pedi's together.

After that we stopped at Kohinor's to get some Indian food to go. That was the main thing Danielle wanted for her birthday, Indian food. Specifically tikka masala. So we got enough for the family and headed home. It was yummy food.


Danielle's 2 best friends came over, Sami and Richelle, to enjoy the food with us and do cake and presents. I like to either surprise the kids with a really cool cake or let them pick what kind they want. This time Danielle picked an ice cream cake.


Danielle got a couple cute shirts from her friends and super soft blanket from us and a few other things.


Later that night some boys came over and the teenagers all hung out in the backyard playing games and stuff. I think she had a great birthday!

Anthon's 42nd birthday was 3 weeks later, on the 26th. Anthon always says he doesn't like anyone to make a big deal about his birthday and prefers to just keep the day low-key. Sometimes I do that and sometimes I don't. (Refer to his huge surprise party for his 40th birthday.) This year I was happy to keep the day pretty easy going.

On Friday, the day before his birthday, I had worked it out with the girls in our office that I would bring in lunch for everyone for Anthon's birthday. He was out on a job most of the morning, but our receptionist, Brittany, called him and told him he had to come back to the office at 1pm to interview someone. I made cupcakes with the kids in the morning to bring to the office and picked up some pizza and was there before 1pm to surprise Anthon.


When Anthon got there a little after 1pm, he was surprised to see us, but was also wondering where his interview was. We had to tell him there wasn't actually anyone for him to interview, it was just an excuse to get him to go back to the office. He was happy to see us, but we didn't stay long because he had to get back to work.

On Saturday, his actual birthday, Anthon worked in the morning, like usual, and I had a yummy crepe breakfast ready for him when he got home around 10:30am. During the afternoon we just hung out and he played War Craft (his favorite way to relax) in the theater room. At 4pm the babysitter arrived to watch the kids while Anthon and I went to Outback for dinner and then to the mall to buy him some new clothes. He's been wanting new clothes for a while so I figured it would be fun to buy them together. We found a bunch of good stuff and of course I got a great deal on everything. In total we got him 8 new shirts and 2 new pairs of jeans all for only $150. (We went to JC Penney and I always keep the coupons they send me in the mail.)

When we were done shopping we realized that it was only 6:30pm so we had time to see a movie before we had to be home. We saw The Dark Tower. It was a good movie. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures the whole night, (what the heck!) but we had a nice time and I think he enjoyed his low-key birthday celebration.

No comments: