Wednesday, August 23, 2017

First Day of Preschool!

The moment I have been waiting years for has finally arrived. All of my children are in school! It's only for 2 1/2 hours, twice a week, but I will savor those 5 hours a week! Monson started his 3rd year of preschool and Sophie started her first day of preschool!

I decided 9 months ago that I would enroll Sophie in preschool. I originally thought I would wait another year, but just like my boys, she is ready. My kids love going places, meeting people and doing new things so it has always felt right to start them in preschool early to give them more outside-the-home interactions. The boys have always loved it and I know Sophie will too. 




Monson knew what to expect so he wasn't nervous and Sophie had no clue what was about to happen so she wasn't nervous either! It was a little hard for me to leave my baby there, but I knew she would do great. And that was confirmed while I was spying through the windows. Monson went right into his class with no problems. Sophie was a little hesitant at first and told me not to leave, but then her teacher took her over to the toys and when her back was turned I slipped out. I saw her look over where I used to be standing and realize I wasn't there anymore, but she was fine with it and just played with toys.




I hung around spying on both of them for a few minutes and then told myself to stop being a weirdo and just leave. It was really weird to go home to an empty house. But I quickly remembered why I wanted to have all my kids in school and got to work. I got so much done during those 2 1/2 hours! I did laundry, dishes, cleaned the house, finished putting away all of Sophie's clothes that were too small and filled up her drawers with 3T clothes, pulled out all Monson's 4T clothes and replaced them with 5T clothes, ran on the treadmill, took a shower and then it was 11:30am and time to pick them up! Those 2 1/2 hours flew by, but I was able to get a lot done! Having all my kids in school is the best!!

When I picked them up they were both really happy. I asked Monson how the first day was and he said very seriously, "Fantastic." Here are their current stats:

Monson:
Favorite color: Yellow
What he wants to be when he grows up: Work with dad
Favorite super hero: All of them
Height:  3 ft. 8 in.
Weight:  44 lbs.
Shoe Size 10

After asking him those questions, he told me to ask him some more.
Favorite animal: snake
Favorite movie: Any kid movie

Sophie:
Height:  3ft.
Weight:  31 lbs.
Shoe Size 7

I asked Sophie these questions and these were her answers:
Who is your favorite princess?  "Nobody"
What is your favorite movie?  "Barbie"
What is your favorite toy?  "The one with glasses"
What is your favorite book?  "The letters"
What's your favorite color?  "Popcorn"
Who is your favorite mom?  "My bum"

So there you have it.

1 comment:

Roberts Family said...

It is amazing what can get done when there are no interruptions! Sophie looks so big in those pictures. They will both have so much fun. Yay for preschools!