Thursday, September 19, 2013

New Paint

I go to the Parade of Homes every year with my mom. This year we noticed that instead of the earth tones for paint color that we've seen over the past few years, there were more cool tones like blue and gray. We bought and painted our house 6 years ago and painted mostly earth tones throughout it. My living room is earthy with a brown couch and we recently got a new, soft rug in our living room that is beige. I realized about a month ago that my whole room was different shades of beige. All neutral, no color. So it was time for a change. My mom brought me some paint sample sheets and after going through them all, I decided on a color. My room is no longer beige.

Living room before:

Sept 19 2013 061
Obviously I didn't really clean before taking these pictures.

Living room after:

Sept 19 2013 072
I made the colorful and green pillows myself!



Sept 19 2013 053


Sept 19 2013 063
Do you like my vacuum lines?


Sept 19 2013 054


Sept 19 2013 064



And since our living room connects to our kitchen, I needed to update that room too. Kitchen before:

Sept 19 2013 059
You can see where I tested the paint to see if I'd like it.

Sept 19 2013 069

Sept 19 2013 058


Sept 19 2013 068

I'm still getting used to it because it is such a big difference, but I'm pretty sure I like it.  It definitely makes my rooms look brighter and more open. 

4 comments:

Roberts Family said...

Wow, I love it! The living room looks like a pic from a magazine. It looks so so good. Definitely lightens both rooms.

Becky said...

I like it. It definitely opens up the room. But I am very interested to see what pictures are on the wall now. I will have to come over and check it out when we are all well. Dan has a cough now... so it doesn't look like soon.

Karen Brothersen said...

I love it! It does make it look brighter and happier! Great job! Cant wait to come see it in person!

Sarah said...

It really brightens up the room. And you know how I feel about the color blue. Look at you, you little decorator.