Monday, September 23, 2013

Birthday Time

Once August hits, it is birthday time for our family.  All of the birthday, except mine, happen between August and November...and then December is Christmas, so we pretty much go broke between August and the end of the year. 

Anthon and Danielle's birthdays are in August
Junior and Damon's are in September
Avery's is in October
Monson's is in November

Mine is in March

Junior's and Damon's birthdays are only a few days apart, but we want them to both feel special so we celebrated them on different days.  Junior's was first.  It was just a low-key, family birthday.  He chose to go to Olive Garden so we all went to dinner there and then came home, opened presents and had ice cream cake.

September 23 2013 019


I think his favorite gift was this hoodie that could zip up over his head.
September 23 2013 032



A couple days later, we celebrated Damon's birthday.  We celebrated it a few day early this year so that the older kids could be there for it and because Anthon and I are taking a trip to Florida without children, leaving on Damon's birthday...is that bad parenting?

Damon is old enough now to understand what birthdays are all about...presents and blowing out candles.  Saturday morning I started telling Damon is was his birthday and he said, "Yeah and I get presents and cake and blow (insert blowing sound)!"  We did another low-key family party for Damon too.  (Five kids is too many to have parties for every year.)  We went to Chic-fil-a for dinner so that Damon could play on a playland.  He loved it.  Then we came home, opened presents and had some homemade lemon cake with lemon cream cheese frosting. 

September 23 2013 036
We've been working on "three."

September 23 2013 041
Damon loved his Spider Man wrapping paper.  He did not want the two presents that were in gift bags.  Only the ones in wrapping paper.

September 23 2013 052
I'm no cake decorator.  It tasted good and that's what matters, right?

September 23 2013 055
Add caption

September 23 2013 069
I think he liked it...well the frosting anyway.  He left the bottom of the cupcake.  He's definitely my son!
Four down, two to go!

2 comments:

Karen Brothersen said...

Awesome! Have fun on your trip! I have been thinking about you all week! This week reminds me of you every year now! love ya!

Sarah said...

Too many birthdays! Geez laweez! I feel that my birthday, new baby's birthday, Mark's birthday, and Jack's birthdays are all sufficiently spaced...hopefully.