Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lonely Kitty

Kitty has been so sad since Baby died.  He just lays on his heating pad or looks out the window.  He won't go outside.  He just mopes around, so lonely and sad.

May 21 2013 038

Kitty

I've been trying to give him extra love, but I don't think I can replace his cat companion.  Kitty was a stray cat as well when I found him.  He was so tiny that I had to bottle feed him and lift him into his litter box because he was too little to get over the side of it by himself.  A year later Baby came to us and the three of us have been a family for the past 10 years.  Baby was just a few months old when we got her and Kitty was a year old and he was always so kind and gentle with her since she was smaller than him.  And Baby was always very loving towards Kitty.  She would lick him and groom him.  Every now and then they would get into fights, but that just made them seem more like an old married couple.

I've had my cats longer than I've had my kids.  I've had my cats longer than I've known my husband.  I knew they would die eventually and since Kitty is 11 years old and Baby was 10 years old, I figured I only had a few more years with them.  But I never thought that one of them would be taken from me in such a terrible way.  (We think that raccoons got her.)

Baby didn't have her collar on her when we found her and I searched for it for 3 days.  I was finally able to find it on the other side of our fence in our neighbor's yard.  I don't know how it got over there and I really don't want to know.  But I'm glad that I have it so that I could hang it on Baby's cherry tree.  I miss her.

May 21 2013 028

4 comments:

Lisa D said...

It makes sense that Kitty would miss Baby as much as you do. I'm sorry she's gone. :(

Judy said...

I'm so sorry Marie. I know how hard it is to lose pet-children. :-( I send you a very, VERY big hug.

Becky said...

Poor Kitty. He needs extra loves.

Laura said...

Baby was a wonderful cat. It will take awhile for Kitty to not feel so lonely. I can't believe Kitty is 11 yrs old, but I guess that is true because Midnight is 11 also.