Thursday, May 23, 2013

Six Months

Monson is six months old!  I'm a little late posting this, but with everything that happened with Baby, I'm a little behind.

May 21 2013 019


Here are his stats:
Weight - 16 lbs. 5 oz. - 24th percentile
Height - 27. 2 inches - 70th percentile
Head - 17.25 inches - 62nd percentile

Monson is almost crawling.  He can get onto his hands and knees by himself, but he usually goes up to his hands and feet and tries to walk.  He wants to run around with his older brother.

Monson's eyes are blue around the outside and brown around his pupil.  I don't know if that means that they will be turning brown or not, but I guess we will see.

Monson LOVES his brother!  Whenever Damon talks or looks at Monson, Monson smiles and laughs.  He usually laughs when it looks to me like Damon is being too rough.  But there are times when Damon does get too rough and pushes Monson away from his toys or hold him down when Monson is trying to move.  Little brothers have to be tough.

Monson is very grabby.  He tries to grab everything that is within his reach.  I can't hold anything else while I'm holding him because he will try to grab it and eat it.

Monson is still nursing, but he has bit me a couple of times so we will see how much longer this goes on.  Damon weaned himself at 8 1/2 months old, which was good because he had started biting too.  Monson LOVES food so we also give him some baby food in addition to milk.  He would eat what we are having for dinner if we would let him.  He is always trying to get more food.

Monson is getting better at sleeping.  He sleeps from about 8pm (though he would probably like to go to bed at 7pm if I could get him ready by then) until about 6:30am.  He usually takes 3 naps a day.  They used to be only about 20 minutes long, but now one will usually be an hour, another might be 2 hours and then there is usually one that is still only 20 minutes long.

The only way Monson lets me buckle him into his carseat is if I distract him by singing to him.  Once I set him in there, he immediately arches his back and tries to get out.  But if I sing to him, he calms down, smiles and listens to me sing.  The current carseat song is "Winnie the Poo" but sung as "Monson the Poo."  He loves it and so does Damon.  I tried singing a different song to Monson today while putting him in the carseat and Damon said, "No!  Monson the Poo, mommy!  Monson the Poo!"

Monson is such a joy to be around.  He smiles and loves everyone.  He definitely loves being held by mama a lot of the time, but is also enjoying playing on the floor with toys.


1 comment:

Becky said...

he is a wonderful, healthy little baby boy and so much fun. he is such a good eater too! He likes his cherios.