Sunday, October 13, 2019

Summer Fun!

Here are some of the things we did over the summer.

Swimming lessons! The kids look forward to swimming lessons every year. The boys are becoming pretty good swimmers! Sophie is learning to be ok with putting her face in the water. Becky and I scheduled our lessons for the same time so that we could help each other watch and bring kids. This worked out really well because the rec center changed the levels of the swimming classes and both Becky and I needed to change a kid after it started. Monson and Nicole weren't quite ready for the older class so we put them in the younger, 9am class and all the other kids were at 9:30am. Becky and I worked it out so that she would drop her other kids off at my house in the morning and bring Monson and Nicole to lessons and then I would bring everyone else at 9:30am. It was a good system for us.

This was before we put Monson in the younger class. 


The kids got to test out their swimming skills when we went to the Lindon Aquatic Center a week later. Danielle was in town with a couple of her roommates from college so it was a lot of family fun!


Avery stood up!

Danielle didn't.




We love going to Orem Summerfest every summer!




We had a fun time playing pickle ball as a family. We need to do this more often. It's so fun!

This was the last year they were doing the Manti Pageant so we made a trip to Manti with Anthon's family to go see that. The kids had a lot of fun playing with their cousins during the 6 hours before the show started, but when it finally started at 9pm, the kids were freezing cold and fell asleep. When rushed to our car immediately after it was over so we could beat the traffic as much as possible.



Our ward had a party at the Scera Pool. It was a lot of fun only having our neighborhood there. They did a crazy jump off the diving board contest that Damon, Monson and Anthon participated in.



Monson got to do a fun gymnastics class at the American Fork Rec Center. I chose that place because they have all the equipment. Sophie enjoyed coming with me and doing her own little gymnastics.




For the 4th of July, Anthon and I and the younger kids got up early to go see the balloons in Provo. Avery and Jr. were with us for this holiday, but they didn't want to get up early so they stayed home. The balloons, once again, didn't fly because of wind. We have gone to this five times I think and they have only flown one time that we have seen. Luckily they inflated them on the ground for everyone, which was a lot of fun. Afterwards we went to the parade. It was a fun morning and we were glad we went.


She was a little afraid of the big balloons.





That night we did some little fireworks, which the kids always love doing.



Our anniversary is on 07/07, which you would think would make it really easy to remember, but when you've been married for 12 years, apparently it's easy to forget. I remembered it was our anniversary on the day around 4pm. I went to Anthon and said, "Do you know what day it is?" He looked at me questioningly, thought about it, thought about it, and then his jaw dropped and I knew he realized it. We decided we should probably at least go on a date so I looked through my purse, found a gift card to the Pizza Factory, so that's where we went.

The highlight of every summer is Lagoon Day. We make sure to bring the kids to Lagoon every year because they love it. There's not really a reason to go to Disneyland because I feel like they love Lagoon just as much. We usually go with Anthon's family so the kids have lots of cousins to go on rides with.





Representing the company!




We stay 'til the end. This little girl was tired and ready to go home, but the boys were sad it was closing.

We went to the park a few times, played with cousins, played with friends, went to the dinosaur museum, and other random fun things.

Utah Home Builders Association party.


Sophie excitedly helped Anthon and I do some yard work.



So many snails!


Sophie's very most favorite thing to do with Dee Dee.

Family date night!

And I just realized that I never posted anything about Anthon's birthday back in August. He doesn't really care about his birthday so it was pretty low-key this year, but I did get him an ice cream cake like he wanted.

That was our summer!

No comments: