Last week Damon turned 9 years old! We were out of town on his actual birthday, which I felt really bad about. He kept telling me before we left, "Mom, all I want for my birthday is for you to be there." (Cue the mom guilt!)
I made sure I talked to him first thing in the morning on his birthday, which I think made him happy. Our good friend, Donna, watched our kids while we were gone and she is like a second mom to them so I know he had a good time. They LOVE it when they get to have Donna watch them! She made him a chocolate cake and they sang happy birthday to him.
I knew of a gift that I wanted to give Damon for his birthday and it was a big gift that he has been wanting for a couple of years. Because it was expensive, I told him, many times, that I would not buy it for him. However, I saw that it was on a really good sale so I bought it for him. Knowing that I was going to give it to him, I asked him a few weeks ago if he would rather have a birthday party with friends, or if he would rather have a big present. He wisely chose the big present.
From the moment we got home from our trip, Damon was asking when he could open his birthday presents. That night, when Anthon got home from work, I pulled out a big box and laid it in front of Damon. He was so excited to see such a big box!
When he ripped off the wrapping paper, he couldn't believe what he saw! He was in shock for a minute or two because I had been telling him for years that I would never buy this for him.
Damon calls it the Nerf Gun Driver, but I think it's real name is Nerf Terrascout.
He was shocked and happy and kept saying, "Mom, you said you would never get me this! But you got it!"
Happy birthday Damon!!




No comments:
Post a Comment