Another birthday has come and gone. My birthday started out as a normal day. Got kids ready for school and brought them all to school. I decided to treat myself to a drink from Swig so that I would have enough energy to do all the things I wanted to do that day. First I went to Macey's to get some groceries, then I went to JC Penny because I had 2 $10 off coupons. I love these coupons. I get them every couple of months and I ALWAYS use them because it's free money! I usually shop the clearance section so that anything I buy with the coupon will end up being very little money. That day I was looking for some shoes for my kids. I wanted to get some cheap boots for next winter. I found some for Sophie, but I was too late in the season to find any for my boys. The boots for Sophie were on clearance for only $10.80 so after my $10 off coupon, I only paid $0.84 for the boots!! I also found some Sketcher shoes for Monson for next year. They were originally $50, on clearance for $24 and with my coupon I only paid $14 for them. I only had about 30 minutes until I had to pick up Monson and Sophie from preschool so I rushed over to Kohl's to use a $10 off coupon I got from them for my birthday. I needed some tights for Sophie, they had a pair of 2 for $9 so I walked out of the store with those for free after my coupon. I love getting good deals! Good Deal Girl strikes again!!
I picked up the kids and then saw that Café Rio had given me a $5 off coupon on my app for my birthday. So we went there for lunch. I also had some credits on my app so I got our lunch for free. Just outside of Café Rio is the Utah College of Massage Therapy and they were having a little promotional day by giving away popcorn, chips, hot dogs and free mini massages. The kids really wanted some popcorn and chips so they got those and I got a free massage. This day was going so well so far! If you know me, you know I love free stuff and good deals and they were just happening over and over that day! I had only eaten about half of my burrito so we went to Anthon's work to bring him the other half for his lunch. He was starving so he was happy to have it. He has also been trying to lose a few pounds so I figured only giving him half a burrito was good portion control. :)
It was nice to see and talk to Anthon for a few minutes and then the kids and I ran to the bank and then home. I put Sophie down for a nap, Monson did his online preschool, and I did some yoga. I have been having some back pain and problems ever since my car accident 2 months ago so I'm trying yoga to see if it will help. My brother John told me about how it has helped his back so I thought it was worth a try. I've done it twice and I think it is helping already. I have less pain and more flexibility already.
After yoga I took a shower and got ready for my date. Anthon and the babysitter showed up at 5pm. Anthon first gave me my presents. He got me a new workout outfit, which was perfect because I was wanting some new workout clothes. He also gave me a gift certificate to do a water relaxation thing. I've never heard of it before, but it sounds nice. We left the kids with Rachel, our babysitter, and headed to dinner. Anthon likes things to be a surprise so he wouldn't tell me what we were doing until we were there.
We went to a sushi restaurant, which I love. Then we went to the movie theater. He wouldn't let me see what movie we were seeing and even covered up the sign the showed the movie as we walked into the theater. We sat in D-Box seats, which I had never been in before. I figured it was going to be some kind of action movie because of the seats, but didn't realize what movie it was until it started. It was Black Panther. The movie was ok. Not great. But the seats were kinda cool. They move and vibrate with the movie. Some parts make you a little motion sick, but you can turn down the intensity.
Overall it was a great birthday filled with a lot of my favorite things: free stuff, good deals, presents, sushi and a movie date!

1 comment:
Those fantastic deals were great birthday gifts! Sales, clearance and coupons are the greatest. So glad your back is improving. Maybe next year I won't have to go to a wedding and can hang out with you for you birthday, the karaoke looked fun. :)
Post a Comment