Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sophie Update

Sophie is growing so fast! Every time I get back from a trip she looks and acts older. She talks all the time and in full sentences, but is still learning some of the right way to say things. The other day Monson asked Sophie to get him his shoes. She immediately started running to get them for him, but he didn't see her because he was in a different room. He called to her again to tell her to get his shoes and I called back to him, "She is." And then Sophie yelled, "I is!" So cute!

She has caught the Frozen movie bug. She is obsessed with that show and the songs and Elsa. The other morning, we knew she was awake because all of a sudden we heard, "Let it go!" being sung from her bedroom, but when she says it, it sounds like, "Wet it go!!!" (She still does the cute baby thing where her "L's" sound like "W's.")

She is fully potty trained! It took a couple of months for her to completely do it because there were a couple of times that she was watched for a few days by someone else like our cruise and for girls camp. I felt like I had to start over a little bit after those trips, but she is good now and has very few accidents. She still wears a diaper at night, but that's pretty normal.

Sophie is my little helper. She cleans things without being asked, she comforts the boys if they get hurt and mimics what I say, especially when I'm telling the boys not to do something. The other day she was holding a string cheese and accidentally got some of it on my shirt. I didn't think much of it, but she ran into the kitchen, got a rag, brought it back to me, wiped off my shirt and then put the rag away.

Another love of hers is makeup. I can't fault her for that because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I have given her some fake, plastic makeup so that she doesn't use mine, but she still tries to get into mine any chance she gets. She especially loves "biskick." (Lipstick.) Anytime I put some on, she needs some too. She has a plastic biskick that she keeps in her little purse and when we leave the house she says, "I need my purse!" (Just like mommy.)


She loves to be silly and is so funny. She loves to dance and sing.

She can be sassy at times. Again, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Lately, if she doesn't get her way, usually for something like I won't let her have candy for breakfast, she says, "You mean Mommy!" And sometimes it is followed by her trying to scratch me.

She is such a little mommy. She checks on the boys anytime they get hurt. If they do something they shouldn't be, she is the first to tell them to stop. If I mention needing to clean up, she is the first to start singing the "Clean Up" song and picking things up. When we were at my friend Karen's house recently, we played there for a few hours and she fed us lunch. When we were leaving Sophie said, "Bye! Thank you for the food!" I was so impressed that she was so polite.

I do Sophie's hair every day and after I do it, I always tell her she's beautiful. I discovered that because of that, she refers to her hair as her "beautiful." If the boys mess up her hair she says, "Don't mess up my beautiful!"

We have a night-time routine. Every night we read scriptures as a family, sing a song and say a prayer. Then Anthon brings the boys upstairs (usually they ride on his back up the stairs) and I bring Sophie to her bed. (She has to ride on my back because she loves to copy her brothers.) When I put her in bed she immediately exclaims, "I want to be all naked!" She loves to sleep naked. I don't know why, but she doesn't like to wear pajamas to bed, she wants to be naked. I make her wear a diaper, but she usually takes it off after I leave and I have to put it back on her when she falls asleep.

She is such a girly girl! She has come with me to the makeup store a couple of times and when she sees all the makeup just sitting out, she literally runs and grabs as many things as she can and starts putting them on her face. I don't like her putting all the lipstick on her lips, but if I look away from her for one second, when I look back she has a tube of lipstick in her hand and is smearing it as quickly as she can on her lips. There was a row of about 10 lipsticks of different colors and she took them, one-by-one, and put every single one on her face. I had to hurry up and get what I needed and get out of that store because she wanted everything on her face.


I feel so blessed every day to have this little girl of mine!

1 comment:

Roberts Family said...

She is just darling. Little girls are so much fun and I love how she says lipstick! lol And it's good she is getting good practice at being bossy because I feel like that is what moms do most of the time!