Anyone that knows me, knows I like a good deal. When I'm buying something, I don't want to pay full price. I want to feel like I got the best price I could get for an item. It's turn into kind of an obsession. I'm always on the hunt for a good deal. Some people think I'm a little crazy for it, but I'm proud of my good finds.
I found an amazingly good deal when I was having lunch with my friend Tionna the other day and she suggested I start a blog post about my good deal finds. I thought that was a great idea because I love telling people about the $2 pants I was able to get for my kids or the $1 pair of sandals I was able to get. So here is my first Good Deal Girl post.
Tionna and I went to Chic-fil-a for lunch so our kids could play while we chatted. First good deal: I buy a calendar card from Chic-fil-a every December because it give you free stuff every month for the next year. This month the free items were a large drink AND a free large waffle fry. Sweet! But that wasn't enough food to feed me and my 3 kids lunch so I needed to order an entree as well. I remembered seeing them advertise a chicken nugget platter on their sign in front of the store for $12. I couldn't remember how many nuggets you got for that price, but their largest nugget entree on their menu was 12 nuggets for about $6. I asked the cashier about their nugget trays. She didn't know because she was new, but the cashier next to her chimed in and said they had a 30 nugget tray and a 65 nugget tray. I asked her to check the price of the 30 nuggets. It was only $12!! You can get 30 nuggets at Burger King for only $4.50, but Chic-fil-a has good quality food and is run by good people. Their food is more expensive, but you get what you pay for. They also have extremely good customer service in their restaurants.
So I was able to feed me and my 3 kids lunch that day of a large drink, large waffle fries and 30 chicken nuggets for only $12! Amazing deal! I also have the Chic-fil-a app so I got points for that purchase which will go towards free food in the future. The nugget platters aren't on the menu so you have to ask specifically for them, but it's so worth it!
Good Deal Girl strikes again! Stay tuned for more good deals!

No comments:
Post a Comment