The Friday before Christmas was one of the days Anthon took off so we decided to see a movie as a family. We saw Moana. The boys loved it. Sophie watched for about 20 minutes, which was really good for her because she never watches tv or movies. The rest of the time she wandered around the theater. (Close to us of course.)
Friday night we went to my Uncle Gordon's annual Christmas Eve Eve dinner. It's a pot luck at his church and it is really fun to see family members we don't get to see very often. All my siblings that live in the area were there, my parents, a couple cousins and two of my uncles. The little cousins love running around playing together. The kids do a gift exchange and then the adults to a white elephant gift exchange. It's a lot of fun.
On Saturday we had my immediate family's annual Christmas Eve brunch. It's pot luck as well and we go to my brother Jake's house. Again, all the cousins have a lot of fun playing together and we adults enjoy chatting. We also do a gift exchange. The cousins each have a person they get a gift for and my siblings rotate names each year. Apparently I didn't take any pictures of the gathering because I'm lame.
Saturday night we let the kids open one gift from us (pajamas) and my parent came over and gave the kids their gift.
![]() |
| Sophie always notices Grandma's jewelry. |
The kids loved being able to open a couple presents. They were pretty excited about waking up and being able to open all their presents the next morning, but we were able to convince them that Santa wouldn't come unless they were asleep. It took a little while, especially for Monson. He doesn't take naps anymore, but if he does fall asleep during the afternoon, then he is awake until around 10pm. The rule is that they have to stay in their room when we put them to bed, even if they are not sleeping. I checked on the boys around 10pm and I found Damon asleep, but Monson was awake and putting stickers on his wall.
Eventually Santa came and the boys woke up around 6:30am. We had church at 9am so we knew we had to start early to be able to get everything done so we were ok with them getting up so early. The first thing Damon said to us was, "I saw Santa during the night! He thought I was asleep, but I wasn't! I opened my eyes and I saw buttons and I heard his sleigh on the roof!" He was very excited about that. We had to wake Sophie up, but she always wakes up happy so she was fine.
Sophie mostly cared about eating candy. The boys wanted to open and play with all their toys, but we had to tell them they couldn't until after church. We quickly got ready for church and made it on time. It had been snowing all night so there was a lot of snow. Church was good. I sang 3 songs with the choir. We only had to be there for an hour, which was nice because the kids were anxious to get home and open their toys. We only played for a little bit though because at 11am we headed to Anthon's parents house, which we do every year.
Again, the kids loved playing with their cousins.
![]() |
| Wearing our new shirts that we gave each other. |
I just have to show a couple pictures of the kids playing with their toys. Sophie got some fake makeup and she loved it! She is my perfect little girly girl. I vividly remember receiving fake makeup for my birthday when I was little. (My mom recently told me it was for my 3rd birthday.) I loved it so much. My mom also got me white gloves and a little white purse. She told me that I wouldn't take the gloves off even to eat.
This was the boys' big toy.
This is what the living room looked like for a couple days.
The older kids came Tuesday night and opened the gifts we got them, but again, I'm a loser and didn't take any pictures apparently. I'm the worst.
We had a great Christmas!






















No comments:
Post a Comment