My first baby started his first day of kindergarten today!!
The summer is finally over!!! This summer has been the busiest time of my life and I'm so glad that it is over! Kids are starting school, we are getting back on a schedule, and I might get a little free time to do things like blog.
Damon has been excited for kindergarten to start for weeks. He got to pick out a new backpack and was excited to bring it to school.
I love that he gets to wear a uniform. All the kids in his school looked so cute in all their uniforms and it will make getting ready in the morning a little easier. He also got new shoes because all his shoes light up and that's not allowed in the dress code. We have been working on how to tie his shoes. Hopefully he can do it himself soon.
Lucky for me, there are some other kids in our neighborhood that go to the same charter school as Damon so we can carpool, but he is the only one in kindergarten so I'll be picking him up everyday. And on Tuesdays and Thursdays Monson has pre-school so I'll be dropping off and picking up him too. Today was my day to drive and Daddy got to come with us. We picked up the other 4 kids we carpool with and went to school.
Damon was the second kid to show up to class so he got some personalized attention from his teacher. She is very nice.
When Damon was situated we gave him a hug and kiss (he's not too old for that yet) and Anthon and I left...and I cried. Well, no tears fell, but I was definitely emotional about leaving my first little precious baby boy (even though he's not little anymore...or a baby) at school. He's been in pre-school for the past 3 years, but kindergarten is different. He's going everyday, for the next 13 years! And after that he moves out and goes on a mission and I won't see him for 2 years and then he'll get married and won't even care about seeing me anymore!!! Ok, I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but kindergarten makes you think about the future.
I picked him up after school and he said he had a great day, loved it, and wants to go back. I told him good thing because he'll be going back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day...






2 comments:
I got quite teary eyed also when Treyson started and a little less when Kai started and I don't think any with Lani, so it does get easier with each child I think. I've heard the first and last are the hardest. Still can't believe he's in kindergarten - doesn't seem possible!
Damon looks so grown up. It does get easier with each child, but it does make you think about the future. Enjoy each stage of their lives, because they are gone so quickly and then when you get old like me you can't remember all the wonderful memories that you had of your children growing up. You want to, but can't. So live in the moment and enjoy them.
Post a Comment