It's never easy to lose weight. Some people think that after you have a baby, as long as you breastfeed, the weight just comes right off. For some people that may work, but for me it is the opposite. My body wants to keep the weight on so that it has enough to feed my baby. I have never been able to lose all my baby weight until I stop nursing.
This time around, it has been even harder to lose the extra weight. I always gain a lot of weight while I'm pregnant, but I have always been determined to lose ALL of the weight afterwards and with each baby I have always gotten back to my pre-baby weight before having another baby. Now that I've had my last kid, I've even more determined to get my body back to normal. However, it has been harder. For the past 3 months I've tried to watch what I eat, but I stopped losing weight after just a few weeks. I know my problem is the sweets. I love sugar and sweet things! I kept telling myself that I could still eat sweets, just not as much. That didn't work so I finally convinced myself that I had to go off sugar to start losing weight, which is how I have done it for my past two post-baby weight loss.
I've been off sugar and sweets for almost 2 weeks now and I've lost 8 lbs! It's working! It's not easy, but it's the only way that seems to work for me. I also exercise at a mom exercising group and go running when I can. Seeing such good and fast results keep me motivated to stay away from the sugar and keep on exercising. I want my body back!
1 comment:
Sorry but you probably got my "post-pregnancy won't let go of the weight" genes. It always took a lot of effort for me too. It's not impossible, but takes some determination and effort. Keep at it. You are doing great!
Post a Comment