Monday, March 16, 2015

Quotes from Kids

Monson's nickname from me has always been "Baby."  I call him Baby more than I call him Monson.  Recently, however, when I call him Baby, he says to me:

"I not a baby, I a big boy.  Sophie is baby."  And then he points to my tummy.

I don't want to stop calling him Baby though :(



Damon said to me recently, "Mommy, my shoulders are hungry." 



Monson said to me the other morning, "My tummy is full.  I want lunch."


Monson was having a rough morning recently and kept crying.  (He wanted to feed the cat a lot of food, but I only gave him a little food to give Kitty...so Monson cried.)  I was trying to take his mind off it so I asked if he wanted some yogurt.  In between cries he said, "No!  Because I'm crying!"


Damon was trying to figure out when Easter was going to be so I told him that first it was going to be my birthday and then it would be Easter.  I asked him what he was going to get me for my birthday.  He thought for a second and then said, "a ninja turtle!"  I asked him if that's what he wanted or if it was something that I would want."  He realized that that was not something I would want so he said, "No, I'll get you clothes for baby Sophie."  What a smart boy!  He knows that people have been bringing me gifts with clothes for the new baby.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Kid quotes are hilarious! I love the way their little brains think.