Thursday, March 19, 2015

Nesting

There comes a time in every pregnancy that you have the uncontrollable desire to get things ready for the new baby.  This happened to me last week.  I woke up with a lot of energy and the need to organize.  It was a school day for Damon, which was very helpful because it is always easier to get stuff done with less kids around.  After I dropped Damon off at school, Monson and I went up to what will be the boys new room after Sophie comes.  I cleaned up, put the new bedding on the bunk bed, hung pictures on the wall and built a new little table and chairs for the boys.

Monson loved helping me.


Then I sorted and washed all of Sophie's newborn to size 3 month clothes.  I cleaned out a plastic drawer container so that I can put all her clothes in there while she is in our bedroom when she is first born.  After she is a couple months old we will move the boys upstairs to their new room and Sophie will go into the room they are in now.

I was exhausted after I got all of that done and my back hurt a little later, but my mind was much more at ease knowing I've got things ready for when she comes.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ahhhhh, nesting instincts! At least we get the extra energy needed to accomplish the things that need to get ready. I love Mother Nature. : D