Monson will be 10 months old in three days and as of two days ago, he is officially weaned. Anthon and I are leaving on a trip in two weeks, without children, (yay!) so I've known for a couple of months that I needed Monson to be done nursing by then. Damon weaned himself when he was 8 1/2 months old (one morning he was just done) but Monson would probably have continued had I let him. It was not a hard transition though. I went from all the time, to morning, noon and night, to morning and night, to just morning, and now nothing. Monson was slightly more fussy the past two days, but not bad at all. I'm a little sad to be done because I think my babies look so precious while they nurse, but it is also a huge sense of freedom to be done.
I have also noticed an immediate difference in my appetite. For the past few months....ok, let's be honest, since I got pregnant....I have had major cravings for sweets! I can't stay away from them. This has been a huge hindrance in losing the baby weight of course. I've lost most of it, but it hasn't been easy. When I'm nursing, my body wants to hang on to a few extra pounds. However, I realized that in the past two days, I have not craved sweet things. Today, I grabbed a handful of M&Ms and after eating five, I was done. And normally I like to eat dessert after dinner, but last night I had two of Damon's fruit snacks and felt completely satisfied. So hopefully these last few pounds will be coming off soon so I can start wearing my normal clothes again. I've been wearing the same few, fat clothes for the past nine months and I'm ready to have my wardrobe back!
2 comments:
Yay! You are done! It is a bitter sweet thing.
WOW! That was a fast 10 months! (for me anyway). Ready for a girl yet? lol
Post a Comment