Before I had Damon, my sister Becky told me I had to get a silky/soft blanket for him. She got one for her daughter and she loved it so much that she had to get two more so that she had some spares. It is kind of hard to find a blanket that is silky on one side and soft/fuzzy on the other. Most are soft/fuzzy on both sides with a silky trim. I heard that the silky feeling reminds the baby of being in the womb so that is why they like it so much.
Here's the one I found on Amazon.com and ordered for Damon:
The blue side is soft and fuzzy and the brown side is silky. Damon loves it. I call it his "sleeping blanket" because I always lay it on top of him after I put him in his crib to sleep. He knows it is time to sleep when I put it on him. I also got a smaller version of this blanket for travelling so that if he is sleeping away from his own crib, he will still have the comfort of his silky/soft blanket.
For another Mommy Tip, go to my sister's blog.

1 comment:
It also is good when your baby starts moving it's head. The silky side allows the baby's head to move without friction, therefore, the baby will loose less hair. That way, no baby mullet.
Post a Comment