Yesterday we were saying prayer at breakfast, we all had our arms folded and heads bowed, and I peeked at Damon. (I do this kind of often because he is just so stinkin' cute!) Lately he has started to notice and wonder why people suddenly get quiet and when we sing a song during family home evening or during church he wonders why everyone has started singing.
So I'm peeking at Damon, Avery is saying the prayer, and I see him look around at each of the older kids. One by one he looks at them and then I see him clasp his hands together. I look over at Anthon and he is peeking at Damon too. We both smile at each other, surprised at what Damon is doing. I look back at Damon, he is watching the other kids, and then he adjusts his hands so that he is holding onto his arms.
He was folding his arms! All by himself! We haven't even had him practice that before because if you try to move his arms for him he gets mad. And for the rest of the day, he would practice folding his arms. I saw him do it and then I realized that I was standing there, folding my arms and he was copying me. Such a smarty pants!
Kids learn so much from other kids. After the prayer we told the older kids about what just happened (they were being good and had their eyes closed so they didn't see it happen) and emphasised to them that Damon looks to them as an example and they need to be a good example to each other and their little brother.
Damon is starting to do more and more things and it is so fun and exciting to watch him learn!
3 comments:
Cute. I like him.
(shhhh... I'm a peeky mom too)
Don't tell my kids! :)
Smart boy. This is the age our kids started doing this too. Love, love, love to see their progression, especially spiritually. ;-)
Post a Comment