Monday, August 8, 2011

Just Say No

We have a few rental properties and every year at this time we have to find people to fill the contracts.  We rent most of the rooms to girls, but we have one place that is for guys.  When I'm making an appointment to show a room to someone, I always ask them to call me if they can't make our appointment because I don't live there and I don't want to make a trip out to the rental if they are not going to show up.

I have discovered over the past few years of showing our rentals that the girls will only show up 75% of the time.

The guys ALWAYS show up.

This is really sad.  It is so rude to just not show up for an appointment.

I have done Mary Kay for a few years and back when I would do more appointments with people, the women would only show up for an appointment about 50% of the time.  Even if they told me they will be there....even if they told me they are on their way....they are in their car driving...half of the time they wouldn't even show up.  I spent time getting everything ready and they didn't have the courtesy to call me to tell me they weren't coming.  Why is this? 

Women can't, or won't, say "no."

We would rather tell someone "Yes, I will be there" and not show up (and ignore their phone calls) then to be honest and tell someone "no."

It's just wrong.

If you are not coming, just tell me. 

If you don't want to come, just say no.

Saying yes and then not following through is so much worse.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ugh! This annoys me too. They are such cowards! It is way less offensive to just say you aren't or can't come then it is to not show at all. People are so annoying.