I'm holding the needle I'm about to jam into John's leg.
John and Krista came over last night, like they do every Thursday. Recently, John's doctor decided to start him on some MS medication. This medication involves a shot every week. Krista refuses to give John the shot, so the first week he did it himself. But when I heard that he needed someone to shove a needle into his body, I happily volunteered!
The MS medication is supposed to help stop or slow the MS from doing more damage. We are hoping that it will help his eye sight come back, but there's no guarantees. He probably won't see any results for a couple months. This medication is very, very expensive, (around $500 per shot!) but John is blessed to be able to get it for free right now.
The MS medication is supposed to help stop or slow the MS from doing more damage. We are hoping that it will help his eye sight come back, but there's no guarantees. He probably won't see any results for a couple months. This medication is very, very expensive, (around $500 per shot!) but John is blessed to be able to get it for free right now.
Thanks for letting me shoot you John. It was a little scary, but awesome. I should have been a doctor.
5 comments:
Poor John... is he still dizzy, and is part of his face still numb?
Marie are you one of those people who enjoys inflicting pain on others?
You look like you are enjoying that a little too much in those pictures Marie.
GAH! She must be one of those people who enjoy inflicting pain on others; she said she "happily volunteered"! And look, she's smiling as she's doing it! RUN AWAY, JOHN, RUN AWAY!! ;-)
Actually, doctors just talk with the patient a bit then leave. It's the nurses who do the dirty work like giving shots. You could call Leslie McMurtrey and ask her how she likes it :)
I do not "enjoy" inflicting pain on others. I just am not bothered by blood or shots and I like doing new things.
And why hasn't anyone commented on my new hat?!
Post a Comment