Every now and then I get a really cool makeup job. It doesn't happen very often, unfortunately, but when it does, it makes me very happy. A couple years ago I got to do Ben Stein's makeup. That was a lot of fun. He's a very nice man. I've done stuff for the Sundace Film Festival and NBC. I got a call from MTV once.
This week I got a sweet makeup gig. I was hired to do makeup for a short tribute video for Sam Skaggs (old people know who he is). They had a bunch of people come in to do an interview and talk about Mr. Skaggs. One of the people that we shot was Elder L. Tom Perry. I got to meet L. Tom Perry....or "Tom" as I call him...but not to his face....or anyone else's.
Here's me and Tom.

I love doing makeup. Even when I have to wake up way too early in the morning for it. This morning I was up at 4am because my call time was 5:15am in Draper. But it was worth it. I did makeup for a girl that was on Fox 13 news this morning. Maybe you saw it. They were promoting a polo tournament that will be going on this weekend. It ended up being a 13 hour work day for me, but that's ok because I was doing makeup!
13 comments:
That is SO cool. So did you do makeup on Elder Perry??
I had no idea you did so many makeup jobs. I thought it was just weddings every once in awhile.
Wow! I'm impressed. It's so fun to meet famous people vicariously through you.
I represent that wisecrack about old people knowing who Sam Skaggs is. Your dad knew who he was too when I told him this morning.
Anyway,how awesome to meet and talk to an apostle.
Elder Perry said that he does not wear makeup. He said he's a military man and that would ruin his image. He was joking around the whole time.
Mom, of course you and Bill know who Sam Skaggs is...you are old...no offense....but it's true.
Ha, Mom and Bill are old. Tom! How awesome! I'm jealous on a couple levels.
I had no idea Elder Perry was so tall.
I remember when I lived with Marie and she had the "makeup" room and the cats weren't allowed inside and she'd get a makeup job every now and then and she loved it. Of course I was secretly listening to her and Anthon's every word from the downstairs so I knew EVERYTHING that was going on. Ah, its so nice to be informed through passive eavesdropping.
Too bad you live really far away now and can't eavesdrop on ANYTHING.
I love that you got to meet Tom. I have no idea who the other guy is.
I am SOOOO HAPPY YOU TOOK A PIC with him! Elder Perry is SO AWESOME! And funny too! Did you get to have any good chats with him? Or any missionary ops with your non member co-workers?
I didn't get to talk to him one-on-one much since I didn't do his makeup, but I did get to talk to the other crew members a lot about the church. Most of them were from LA so they didn't really know anything about Mormons (besides what they thought they saw on "Big Love"). I don't have any missionary experience, so I just did what I could. One of the guys decided he was going to stop drinking coffee after talking to me. So I guess I did something good.
Mike is scary/evil! He is always listening. I wouldn't be surprised if he planted bugs in your house.
Just because I have a baby cam to spy on Nicoly-Oly doesn't mean I'm a creep. I figured I'd rather get news about Becky's Baby strait from the Baby source and not filtered through the Mother.
Post a Comment