Monday, June 1, 2009

Moab in May

Moab again! It seems like I'm always writing about Moab, but we just have so much fun there that we keep going back. Last time we were in Moab, Anthon broke his bike. But he bought a new one last week so he needed to try it out.

I would like you to notice that he has the full riding outfit like Steve (standing next to him). Last time we went to Moab, all the other guys had a matchy-matchy little outfit except Anthon so I gave him his Father's Day present early and presented him with his own cute riding gear. (He wouldn't call it "cute" or an "outfit," but since he rarely reads my blog and mostly just looks at the pictures when he does, I can call it whatever I want :)

While the boys were riding on their motorcycles, Kristen and I watched chick flicks in their theater room. Their riding was cut short, however, because the other guy in the picture, Beau, broke his collar bone while they were riding.

Did you know there is a Moab curse? Every time we go to Moab, someone or something gets broken. Last year, Steve and Kristen's daughter and son were wrestling around while we were there and their son, Kaden, accidentally kneed Lexi, their daughter, in the eye. It puffed up and she got a black eye and we thought that it wasn't a big deal, but a few days later they found out her eye socket was broken! It was a very big deal. In February when we were in Moab, Kaden was wrestling around with one of his friends and accidentally hit a wall with his hand and broke it! Last month when we were there no one got hurt, but Anthon broke his bike beyond repair and Steve broke his Bronco while we were out rock climbing. This time, not only did Beau break his collar bone, but Steve and Kristen's puppy, Daisy, got attacked by another dog and got a hole bit into her nose! We are cursed! We keep telling Steve and Kristen that they should stop letting us come visit them, but they won't listen. The first couple broken bones seemed like a coincidence, but now we realize that we are bad luck. We are always nervous about what's going to happen while we are there. But we just keep on going anyway.


Back to work Monday. Lame.

7 comments:

Karen Brothersen said...

I never knew you guys were such bad luck! ha ha P.S. I miss you!

Deanne said...

It sounds like broken people and broken stuff are still worth the fun. Anthon looks great in his cute outfit!

Becky said...

Bad Luck! Stay away! Except that nothing bad has happened while you were around me. Perhaps they are the bad luck, not you.

Sarah said...

I don't believe in bad luck...it's just not real.

Lisa D said...

Hmmm...the lesson I'm getting from this is that Kaden needs to stop wrestling with people. Apparently that kid doesn't have full control over his limbs yet.

Wendy said...

Glad you had a fun trip (minus the broken collar bone). You can tell Anthon I think his riding OUTFIT is CUTE:) You are such a good wife for finding him a present he would love.

Laura said...

Ummm, cancel that 2 day stay with us next week. We don't need anything broken around here. Just kidding. Hey, wait a minute, we did have a broken water heater when we moved back. But then, Anthon didn't break it, he fixed it. OK, you're safe to come visit anytime. Anthon does look good in his matchy-matchy outfit.