
Within 2 hours of us putting the babies back outside and setting up the other cage with food, the mama was trapped! She is big and HEAVY! (She's much bigger than she looks in the pictures.) I could barely lift the cage with her in there. The babies were going crazy without their mom so we combined them all into one cage.

After we combined them, we set the empty cage up again with food, just in case there are more. This morning when we check on them, the empty cage was still empty, but the food was gone! Apparently we need to do some quality assurance testing on the cage and try again tonight.
Here's a cute video of the happy....or not so happy...family. (They are nocturnal so that is why these photos were taken at night.)
4 comments:
I saw the babies last night and they were pretty dang cute and no longer feral. They seemed to like me and Matt just fine. I don't know what is wrong with Anthon. I'm glad that you have reunited the family so that you can send them all off together to be killed.
Awesome pics and videos of your "pet" racooons. What an adventure. However, I think that you shouldn't keep them very long because I bet the mom will figure a way out of that cage. They are smart. Then you will have to start all over again and she may not fall for the food trip the second time. Take lots of pics and then let them all go to racoon heaven together.
PS Racoons carry rabies.
Love,
MOM
Lol...Mom's post was funny. Yeah, if they escape, which they probably will, raccoons are extremely intelligent. My friend Andy said they'd get out, and he knows, he had a pheasant farm and raccoons attacked all the time and he'd killed them. Kill them.
They are much more mellow now that they know we will feed them and give them water and shelter. I touched them last night! And I still have all my fingers. I think they just want to be loved.
Post a Comment