It's not very often that Anthon gets a day off work so when he does, we try and make the most of it. He took Labor Day off back in September and we decided to go to Classic Skating as a family. It was a lot of fun!
We are a part of the Home Builder Association for our business and a couple of times a year they have little events. Recently they rented out Provo Beach Resort so we got to have a fun time there playing arcade games, bowling, laser tag and doing the ropes course.
I decided this year that I would try to go to every field trip that my kids have. I feel like I miss a lot of mom-ing because I work a lot now so I want to make time for certain things that are important to them.
In September Damon's first field trip of the year was to the zoo. He had a few friends that were in our group. In order to keep track of them I would say, "cookies!" and then they would know to find me and that we were going to the next area. It worked really well and I think they liked having that code word. At the end of the day I handed out cookies to all of them that I had brought with me.
In October Sophie's preschool had a field trip to Hee Haw farms. All parents were responsible for driving their kids there, but I guess we got there early because no one was there from her school when we got there. And there was only one other small group of people in the whole place for half the time so Sophie just wandered around together and did whatever we wanted without any lines or waiting. After about 30 minutes her preschool class showed up, but she just wanted to stay with me so we did our own thing. We went down slides together, did the zip line a bunch, pet animals, played in corn and did more slides. It was a lot of fun, just her and me.
Also in October, Monson's grade went on a field trip to the Curiosity Museum. We had pass there for 1 year when Sophie was a baby. I would bring the kids to Thanksgiving Point almost every Monday. We haven't been in a while so it was fun to go back again. Unfortunately I only took one picture. (They said in the emails to the chaperones that we weren't supposed to bring other siblings, but I was not going to get a babysitter for Sophie and leave her at home while I went and did a fun kid thing so I just brought her with me and no one said anything about it.)
In November Damon had a field trip to the Scera Theater to see the play Junie B. Jones. I wasn't going to go to that because it was on a work day for me, but Damon really wanted me to go so I knew I needed to make time for it. I didn't bring Sophie this time because she had preschool. It was a great play and all the kids had a good time. (I didn't get any pictures of it.)
The kids' school had a carnival back in September. Anthon and I were leaving that night for Florida, but we knew we wanted to bring the kids to the carnival so we made time for it. There were a lot of fun things and we all had a good time.
Monson's favorite part was the farm animals. He would have stayed there all night if we would have let him.
This is just a fun picture of the boys on crazy hair day.









































No comments:
Post a Comment