We have typically had birthday parties for all of our kids, but this year I needed to simplify a little bit because I work three days a week and we are building a house. So all the kids this year have had family birthday parties. Monson chose Olive Garden for dinner because the kids love the chicken gnocchi soup they have.
![]() |
| He loved that they let him chose a dessert and sang to him. |
After dinner we went back home and opened presents. For a few days prior to his birthday, Monson kept saying to me, "Mom, you 4 more days to get presents for my birthday." Next day, "Mom, you have 3 more days to get presents for me." I would tease him by saying, "Oh no, I forgot to get presents!" which would lead to him having a very concerned look on his face. But since I'm me, of course I already got all his presents weeks ago.
First, he got a binder with Pokemon cards from Grandma and Grandpa. Damon has been collecting them and got some for his birthday so naturally Monson wanted some too.
His other gifts include a book he wanted, a giant gummy bear, a Power Rangers costume, (because he wears costumes all the time, no matter the season) and a stuffed animal cat that looks just like Kitty.
Danielle found out that she can call home on birthdays so we got to talk to our favorite missionary! While we were video chatting Dee Dee, Monson was chowing down on his huge gummy bear. It was a little tough to bite through and after we ended our call, his top front tooth started bleeding. After just a little tug by him, it popped right out.
The next day, after working some more on the gummy bear, his bottom loose tooth pulled forward. He freaked out a little, but Dad told him the tooth needed to be pulled out. Monson was nervous about it and was crying a little, but when Dad was able to pop it out, Monson immediately calmed down and said, "Oh, that wasn't so bad."
![]() |
| The giant gummy bear without it's head. |
Two teeth in two days and food and presents he loved. I'd say he had a good birthday.










No comments:
Post a Comment