Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Activities

I don't have time to blog as often as I would like so I'm going to combine a lot of what we have done in December into one post.

First, a post from November. Raking leaves! We have large, mature trees in our yard that provide a lot of shade, but they also provide a lot of leaves to rake in the fall.



 

First snow! The kids were very excited about the first snow. They wanted to shovel it and they made a mound they would sled down. It is all melted now, but they enjoyed it while it lasted. I do not enjoy snow so I'm glad it's gone...for now.


Every year the preschool my kids go to has a Christmas party. We love going there because they always have a Santa.


We had talked to Sophie about seeing Santa at the party and before we got there she was really excited to see him. Then, the moment she saw him, she got really scared and didn't want to go near him. She was ok if I was holding her, so Santa said, "Sit down mom" so I sat on his lap while holding Sophie.

And she is only close to Santa in this picture because Anthon is kneeling right beside her with his arm on her back.

We made a trip up to Temple Square to see the lights and give with the Giving Machines. The Giving Machines are vending machines that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints puts out during Christmas time in a few locations throughout the world. Instead of buying stuff for yourself from them, you buy stuff that the church can give to people around the world. You can buy things like meals, shoes, goats, cows, first aid kits, soccer balls, vaccinations, and a bunch of other really important things for people in need. We purchased 100 meals, 5 baby resuscitation kits, and a first aid kit.



After Temple Square we went to Anthon Jr.'s band concert in Bountiful.


A couple days later we decorated a gingerbread house.


I told the kids about mistletoe and they love it. The put it above their gingerbread people and Damon held some over my head so he could give me a kiss.


We have a couple parties every year. First is my uncle Gordon's party. The highlight of this party is the white elephant gift exchange. The kids love being able to open a present and the adults...you never know what might be in the gifts.

Anthon and Drake scored with their white elephant gifts.

Yesterday was my family's Christmas party. We had a Nacho Traditional Christmas party at my brother Norm's house. Yummy food, cousin fun, siblings chatting.


I don't usually put any presents under the tree until really close to Christmas because it's too much temptation for the kids. I put just a few under the tree a couple days ago and ever since then, the kids ask if they can open presents EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Their dreams came true today when Grandma and Grandpa Chipman came over and the kids got to open their gifts from them.

 Ready or not, Christmas is tomorrow!

No comments: