Damon has been counting down the days until his birthday all month. I never had to remind him how many days were left; he kept track all by himself. This month has been really busy so I kinda forgot about planning a party for him until last week. Since he was turning 8 years old, it's kind of a big birthday so I knew we had to have a fun party for him.
He invited all his favorite friends/cousins: Dano, Jack, Lincoln and Hayden. We decided to have it at his favorite place: Nickel City. Arcade games, laser tag, and prizes. All his favorite things.
When we got there all the boys grabbed a card that was loaded with nickels and went to town on the arcade games. You used to have to put actual nickels in each game, but now you just have a card that you tap on the games and it automatically takes your nickels. It's much easier to blow through your money and the boys did just that in under 20 minutes.
I only played a couple of games because I try to leave as many nickels for the kids as I can, but one of the games I decided to play, I ended up hitting the jackpot and won 1,000 tickets!!!
Next we got to eat some pizza and then Damon was more than ready to open his presents. His cousin/friends game him a Minecraft guy, (I don't know anything about Minecraft) Harry Potter Lego sets, and Spot It game. We gave him the book "Bad case of stripes," and a Harry Potter costume with glasses, wand and robe. He was very happy about everything.
After that it was time for the highlight of the night: Laser Tag! All the boys loved this part the best I think.
After laser tag was over it was already 7pm, which was the time I told the moms that we would be done, so we quickly had cake. Damon told me he wanted a strawberry cake. And then he asked if I could put some chocolate in it, like chocolate covered strawberries. So I made a strawberry cake with chocolate frosting.
I had a little money left on a card I had kept hidden from kids so I let everyone do one last game and then we got to spend our tickets we'd earned with everyone picking a prize.
I was really happy with how the party went at Nickel City. I only had to bring the presents, cake and kids and Nickel City did the rest.
Damon is so happy to be 8 years old and is really looking forward to getting baptized in a couple weeks.
Happy Birthday Damon!!













1 comment:
It seems impossible that he is eight! That is so fun! He is going to be so thrilled being able to be baptized. We love Nickle City! You plan such great parties, even if they are on such short notice!
Post a Comment