Damon got to have a weekend of celebrations. On Friday he brought treats to his class (fruit roll-ups, his favorite) and he got to pass those out to all the kids and his class sung to him. On Saturday he had a little party. I didn't want to do big friend parties this year so I let him pick one friend to bring with him and he chose his cousin Dano. They are best buds...most of the time.
We had a bit of a rough morning yesterday. Damon was SOOO excited about his birthday that he forgot how he should behave. Anthon was working all morning of course so the kids and I spent the morning cleaning and making cupcakes. The kids were helping, but they were also fighting. Damon kept picking on Monson and Sophie. I know he was just not handling his excitement for the day very well, but it was extremely frustrating for me. He was yelled at, put in time-out and even spanked all before 11am...on his birthday party day. I almost called off his party because of his behavior, but I knew he would have been completely crushed. He just has so much energy that he doesn't always know how to handle himself.
We got everything done, Anthon came home at 10:30am, we picked up Dano, and then went to the Lehi Fun Center. Damon's favorite things to do are arcade games and laser tag and this place has both. We also have the Pass of all Passes so we got in for free. Apparently they were having problems with their arcade games so everything was set to "free play" so we got to play all the arcade games for free, but only half of them were working. The boys had a lot of fun playing all the games as many times as they wanted. We also did 2 rounds of laser tag and played mini golf. Everyone had a lot of fun.
![]() |
| Black light mini golf. |
After spending a couple hours at the Fun Center, we grabbed some In 'n Out burgers and headed home. We had planned on my parents and two of the neighbor kids to come over for cake and ice cream. Damon wanted the Star Wars theme again this year.
I ALWAYS get a picture of my kids in front of their cake, but this was the only picture Damon would let me take and it's a horrible one. Just reflects the kind of day it was with this kid.
Here's another picture that shows how the kids behaved that day. I told them to look at the camera and I just wanted one good one of all of them. After taking about 10 pictures I gave up and this was the best one I got....and it's horrible.
The kids loved the cup cakes with the Star Wars candy on them and the ice cream and then it was time for presents.
All the boys spent the next 3 hours playing with the huge Nerf gun and all the new Skylanders that Damon got.
Today was his actual birthday and he got sung to at church, got told happy birthday by tons of people because he just walked around telling everyone and he also got one more gift (because I forgot to give it to him yesterday). He got a Pokémon trading card game starter pack. He has seen these cards from kids at school and he mentioned he wanted some so he was really excited to get them.
Even though it was a tough weekend with him, Damon is really a good boy. He loves everyone and will befriend anyone. He amazes us constantly with his spirituality and knowledge of the gospel. He is very grateful. He told me countless times, "Mom, thank you for my presents! You knew I wanted all those things so thank you for getting them for me." He is smart and really good at math. He is doing multiplication and division already. He is full of energy. His appetite is endless and he constantly asks for food. However, at school he hardly eats any of his lunch because he wants as much time for recess as possible. He also likes having some of his lunch left so that he can eat it when he gets home from school.
I am so lucky to have this boy in our family. He is a good big brother and a leader for the younger kids.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMON!!!















1 comment:
Lol, okay I have to laugh because this is me when it's Mackai's birthday! Oh how I struggle sometimes but like Damon he is a good boy. It doesn't seem possible for him to be that old and next year he will be baptized! It's surreal. Looks like a great party and I'm so glad Damon told you thank you - that can seriously make up for a lot of bad behavior!
Post a Comment