I like to put the kids in swimming lessons every year. I don't feel like I'm a very good swimmer so I want my kids to be better than I am and it also gives a mom a little piece of mind to know that her kids know how to swim. Both the boys were in the same class, but Sophie is too young to do lessons on her own. I could do a mommy and me class with her, but I did that last year with her and the class was really lame. We did the same thing every day. So I figured just letting her play in the pool while the boys had their lessons would be good practice for her until she can start lessons next year.
The boys got really good this year! They can swim under water and Damon is starting to swim above water. I got them goggles which helps them a lot and they love swimming with their goggles.
Swimming lessons last for 2 weeks and the way we do it, it takes up the whole day so I felt like my life revolved around swimming lessons for 2 weeks. We would get up in the morning, eat breakfast, get to the rec center by 10am, lessons go until 10:30am, then the kids would play until 11:30am, we would get dried off and changed, go to Damon's school for free lunch by noon, get home around 1pm and then it was time for Sophie's nap which kept me at home for the rest of the afternoon. It's a commitment, but totally worth it. They advanced a lot this year!




1 comment:
Great idea doing indoor swimming lessons! I would have to travel farther for those so I might be too lazy to try that next year. lol, I love how kids look with their goggles on.
Post a Comment