I'm not a crafty mom or a festive mom, but every now and then I try to do something special for a holiday. For Valentine's this year I decorated my kids' bedroom doors while they slept the night before Valentine's.
I also put hearts up in random places throughout the house and I stashed some paper hearts in the boys' school bags so they could find them later. The kids loved all the hearts and they are still up today.
After dropping the boys off at school, Sophie and I went to visit Anthon at the office and bring him breakfast and some chocolates.
The boys had Valentine's parties at their schools that they loved and got a bunch of Valentines from their friends.
At 4pm that night, Anthon and I left for our date. He planned the whole thing and even got a babysitter for the kids!
We drove up to Salt Lake and met his parents at Olive Garden for dinner. (He had planned to go to the Cheesecake Factory, but at 4:30pm there was already an hour and a half wait.)
After dinner we went to the Desert Star Playhouse to watch a play. They do funny, spoof plays and this one was called Indiana Bones.
The play was good...until they called me up on stage! (We were on the second row so I guess I deserved it.) Apparently they needed the diamond on my ring in order to open a door.
It was a fun night!







1 comment:
Love the idea of the "Heart Attacks" on the kids doors. Way to make it special.
Post a Comment