Ready to go!
My friend, Andrea, has a daughter going to the same preschool this year too so we are going to carpool, which will be really nice. But for their first day, I wanted to bring the boys myself.
I have loved their school and Damon has loved it too.
We walked Damon into his class first. It is the same classroom and teacher that he had last year so he went right in, hung up his bag, got his apron on and sat at the table.
Next I brought Monson to his class. He seemed pretty relaxed and not scared. I showed him where the bathroom is in the classroom so that there's no accidents. Then he went to the bathroom, so he's got that down. His teacher put his apron on and he sat down at a table.
![]() |
| Monson's new picture face pose. |
Next the teacher started singing the clean-up song so the kids playing on the floor with toys would clean-up. Monson is the best cleaner-upper so when he heard that song, he went right over and started putting things away. At that point I knew he would be find so I have him a hug and told him bye. He had no problem with me leaving.
I checked on Damon one last time before leaving and he was doing great in his classroom.
Then I went home, cleaned my house, and when Sophie finally woke up around 10:30am, I played with her until it was time to get the boys.
When Damon went to his very first day of school he do ok when I dropped him off, but the school called me about half way through the day and told me he was still sad, so I had to run over, sit with him for a little bit, and then he was ok. He also wouldn't wear his apron for the first few weeks while he was at school. I had to bring it home and have him try wearing it at home. But after the first day at school, Damon never had a problem again. I guess being the second child gives you a little more independence.
I can't believe both my boys are in school!










2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Could they get any cuter? I am so proud of Damon and Monson going off to preschool with no problems. I bet Monson loved it. I love, love, love Sophie's hair like that! She looks so grown up and adorable. Love my grandkids!
So nice that they get to go together to the same school, I loved when Kai got old enough so he and Treyson could go together also. Always nice to have a brother so close. Sophie is the best little girl, so glad u got and still get to have mommy/daughter time a couple times a week!
Post a Comment