We had the older kids last weekend and since I knew they wouldn't be here on his actual birthday, I planned on celebrating with them a few days early. Saturday morning Danielle made a nice breakfast for Anthon with bacon and waffles. Then I had scheduled for him to get a massage. He has been pretty stressed with work lately so I thought he needed a little relaxation. I also needed to get him out of the house because the real celebration was happening that night at the surprise party I was throwing for him! As soon as he left for his massage, the older kids and I rushed over to the church to start setting up for his party. My mom met us over there and helped. We set up tables with black table cloths, black festive center pieces that had a "40" on them and I also got 2 dozen black balloons to decorate with too.
When we thought he would be getting home, we rushed home so that he wouldn't suspect anything. The next few hours were spent at home, just hanging out until it was time for the party. At 6pm I told Anthon that I needed to bring the kids to Grandma's house so they could work on a project for him. Really I brought them over to the church where there were already a lot of our friends, family and ward members helping get ready for the surprise. After I dropped the kids off and made sure all the food was there and ready, I went back home and told Anthon that he and I would be going to the church for someone else's party.
We got dressed nicely and headed over. Meanwhile I was texting my family to let them know we were on our way. When we walked in the church, over to the gym, I opened the door and everyone yelled, "SURPRISE!!!" Anthon might have suspected that something was going on, but he never suspected that it would be as big as it was. We had about 80 family, friends, and ward members there to celebrate with us. I had planned a nacho bar, which a lot of people helped with because I couldn't justify cooking 10 lbs. of chicken, 8 lbs. of beef and all the other large quantities of food at my own house without him suspecting.
It was a lot of fun and a great way to celebrate my wonderful husband turning the big 4-0!
I had conspired with my friend Tionna to make a "Road of Life" cake for him. It was amazing! She is so good at making cakes. It had a bunch of different events from his life.
![]() |
| This is Tionna...holding Sophie. |
After the party, the kids gave him their gifts.
Tonight we are going Outback for prime rib, his favorite and then to Hale Center Theater for a play. Happy 40th birthday to my favorite husband!!!




















3 comments:
Anthon looks great for 40! I would marry him. And its legal now too!
I don't think you are his type Mike. It's Anthon and Marie all the way. It was a fun party and you did an awesome job Marie! Anthon's a lucky man.
That was a fun party! So nice when things you have been planing for so long work out. I still can't believe you are married to a 40 year old! It's a good thing he will always think of himself as being young :)
Post a Comment