Saturday, August 24, 2013

Busy

This summer has been soooo busy for me.  We have had the older kids with us for most of it and even though they help out a lot, just having more people in the house makes my life so much busier. 

Having two little boys around keeps me on my toes.  They want to play constantly and I have to watch to make sure they aren't getting into anything they shouldn't and come up with things to entertain them.  When the three older kids are added into the mix, my life goes from busy to chaotic.  I don't have to keep an eye on the older three like I do the little boys, but I'm constantly having to answer questions like:

"Can my friend come over?"
"Can I have a snack?"
"What can I do? I'm bored!"
"Can I play on the computer?"
"Can I play on the iPad?"
"Can I watch tv?" 
"Anthon hit me!" (Not a question, but something I hear a lot, but about each of them, not just Anthon.) 
"Can I go to my friend's house?" 
"Can you bring us to the store?" 
"Can you go get some more macaroni and cheese...right now!?" 
"Will you see if you have any jewelry that I can have?" 
"Can I go through your closet to see if there's anything I want?" 
"Can I wear your clothes?" 
"Why do I have to brush my hair everyday?!" 
"Why do I have to clean up my room?" 
"Why do I have to pick everything up off the floor?" 
"Do I have to do all the dishes?!"

All actual questions asked on an almost daily basis.  For some reason, having to answer all these never-ending questions really starts to get to me. 

And with more kids, there's an exponential amount dishes to do and socks to clean up and shoes to put away and junk left out and mess to clean.

I'm so far behind on my blogging because I have no time!  Usually I get a little break when the little boys take their naps, but when there's three other kids in the house that don't take naps, my quiet time is filled with the many other things that the kids want me to do with or for them.

When Anthon gets home from work and on the weekends, he wants to spent time as a family because he's been away from all of us and the only thing I want when he gets home is a few minutes by myself!

Can you tell I'm a little stressed out lately?  I haven't gone crazy yet...yet...but I'm definitely ready and needing a break.  I'm so glad that school is starting for the older kids on Monday!  And Damon has started preschool.  Then it will just be me and my baby for a couple of hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays and maybe I will be able to get caught up on some of the things on my very long "to do" list.

I just hope I haven't forgotten to pay a bill or something like that.

Update:  After writing this post, I discovered that I had forgotten to pay a bill.  Seven days late for the credit card.  Bad.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds pretty cray cray up in your house. So take a week or two to relax and destress and finalize your plans for coming to visit me. I can wait :)

Becky said...

Busy in the summer is kind of a bummer. Because then your summer flies by and then you wonder where in the world your summer went! But, things will calm and get boring and then you will miss your busy summer days.... maybe.

Anonymous said...

Summer with 5 kids can be busy and crazy. Now add another couple of kids and you have OUR Family! But, believe it or not, I always loved summer because then I could enjoy more time with all of you. I know, I'm just your crazy mother.

Roberts Family said...

This sounds like me which is why I never go to aerobics!! It's better now that school started so hopefully it will be for you also.