Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Potty Time

Damon has been noticing more and more when people go to the bathroom.  When someone walks out of the room and into the bathroom, Damon will look at me and do the sign for "toilet."  I will then say something like, "Yes, they are going potty."  I have been putting Damon on the toilet since he was really little, in hopes it would get him used to it.  However, the past few months, he has refused to sit on the potty.  I didn't want to make him scared of it or hate it, so when he would say no, I would let it go.  But every time I change his poopy diapers I tell him they are too stinky and he needs to go poo poo in the potty.

Yesterday morning, while we were eating breakfast, Damon signed "toilet."  I asked him if he needed to go potty and he signed "yes."  So I got all excited and brought him over to sit on the potty.  He knows that he gets candy when he sits on the potty so he immediately signed "candy" when I sat him down.  I told him that if he went pee pee in the potty, I would give him candy.  Then he went pee!  I couldn't believe it!  He usually has to sit there for a long time before he does anything, but this time he went within the first couple of minutes!  Hopefully he keeps this up!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Woot! Hopefully he keeps it up.

Roberts Family said...

Yay! Maybe he will be an early one!