Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Camping in the Rain

We decided to take the kids camping last weekend. We went up American Fork Canyon. We don't really have a lot of camping gear, so we had to buy enough sleeping bags and camp chairs for all of us before we went. After we got up there, we realized we forgot to bring a flashlight.
.
It was fun. Mostly because it was only for one night. We had planned on going 4 wheeling on Saturday morning while we were up there, but it ended up raining so we went home after breakfast.
The wood you see in the background of this picture is pieces of our house from the remodel and additions we are doing. We used our house as fire wood.

We picked up some tacos before we went up there, but we also roasted some hot dogs and marshmallows so that we weren't complete camping degenerates.



Hot dogs and Pop Tarts for breakfast in the rain.



This video is of Saturday morning before we decided to leave.

4 comments:

Karen Brothersen said...

That looked so fun and adventurous! Sorry we couldn't go. We are your camping equipment source. ha ha Nice hail too.

Karla said...

Looks like fun, even the hail as long as it didn't last too long. We have gone before and forgot a flashlight... I guess that is a good indication on how often we camp!

Lisa D said...

Wow, I think that's the first time I've ever seen you without makeup on, Marie ;-)

Krista said...

I WANT TO GO CAMPING! Me and john talked about going camping this month, you know before everything happened. I think we would still love to go. If your ever interested in camping with a blind man and his wife, just let us know!