When I was a kid, my family would go camping in Duluth, Minnesota during the summer. We went with our friends, the Rapps. We camped near Lake Superior. We only went two or three times, but the whole drive up and the whole drive back (it was about 4 hours away from where we lived in Farmington) we would listen to the 8 track player that we had in our big white van. Apparently the only 8 track tape we had was the Beach Boys because that's all we would listen to the whole time. To this day I know all the words to those Beach Boys songs.
5 comments:
Mike and I could totally go camping in Duluth this summer. But no 8 tracks.
You should! Ask my mom where we used to camp. It was a site right next to Lake Superior and there was a little store that we would buy candy at and play pool. But I was too scared to go in the water. Our friend told me he'd give me $20 if I swam out to the dock, but I was too scared. Water and I are not friends.
"I wish they all could be California Girls!"
I kinda remember our camping adventures. Mike was deathly afraid of the mosquitos and you and Lisa would smash them all over the walls of the camper. I recall me getting scared one time and I got to sleep in the cabin with the parents.
Oh, and I bought an Astro Pop at that little store and then realized that those are gross suckers. I think we would stop by a really cool wooden playground when we went camping too. I don't remember liking camping. I'm an indoor girl.
I don't think that it was on Lake Superior. It was on a different smaller lake. Minnesota has 10,000 million of them. But it was fun the two times that we went.
Those camping trips were so much fun! It wasn't Lake superior though...some other lake. Good times!!
Post a Comment